Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Stay. Go. Stay. Go. Stay. Go. Ugh!

Today I was so indecisive that I was completely annoying myself. I couldn't decide if I should stay in Houston tonight or drive back to Austin.

When I woke up this morning, I felt sick. (Some sort of stomach bug, I think.) So I wasn't exactly moving quickly to leave my hotel room and call on accounts. Then I checked my email and my boss told me to come back to Austin as he didn't see a point to why I was staying. (Wrong - he didn't even know my schedule.)

30 minutes later: I talked to my other boss and he told me I should stay.

30 minutes later: I realized if I came back to Austin, I could go to the gym & swim. And I really didn't HAVE to be in Houston on Thursday.

But then I thought about having the night to myself and not having to be responsible for anything.

30 minutes later: So I'm staying. I told Glenda, "I'm staying. Decision!"

I took a shower and then decided to go back to Austin. Told Glenda, "No, wait. I'm leaving!" Changed my hotel reservation and checked out.

Felt better at the conference I was attending. Felt motivated to work. So, I called Tim and gave him the pros and cons of staying in Houston. He told me to stay. So, I called a new contact and invited him to happy hour. He agreed. Good, I'm staying. Decision!

Called the hotel back, and my rate had increased by $50. No longer in my budget. Crap, I'll think about this later.

Went to happy hour and was out by 7:00. Should I drive back or stay?

Finally, I decided to drive back. Realized I could make it to swimming in the morning if I came home. So, I'm back in Austin. I'm wide awake thanks to the coffee I had to keep me awake for the drive. I also feel really sick again. But I'm glad I don't have to make the drive tomorrow.

This doesn't even cover the indecisions of "where to eat" on the way home. By the time I had made up my mind, and driven through too many strip centers to mention, I was halfway back to Austin and it was 8:15pm. For the record, I do not eat at restaurants that are part of a gas station. Does anyone else find that concept incredibly gross? I mean, have you been in the bathrooms at these gas stations? And then they make you a sandwich? Ick!

Anyway, the point of this post is that I really wish I could have made up my mind and stuck with it. But I couldn't, not for the life of me. It's really a bad sign when you are annoying yourself.

3 comments:

md said...

I'm glad you drove back....because I got to talk to you on your drive home! :-)

Kris said...

Gas station restaurants = icky. Except I like Rudy's breakfast tacos, I can't help it.

Indecision = my life. It's crippling. I would be glamorous and successful and everyone would love me if I could only make a decision. I feel your pain.

You feeling gross = bad. I'm sorry, that's never fun. I hope you're feeling much, much better today.

Slingshot said...

I have the same feeling towards gas station restaurants! Even if it is somewhere I'd normally go, there is something weird about the mutant buildings that go from gas station on one side to restaurant on the other!