Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Falling Into Place...

I'm not sure I like the term "falling into place," granted I can't think of a better title to explain my current state. I don't like the word falling - not in this instance, not in the term "falling in love," and definitely not when I use it like, "I'm falling and I can't clip out... and never mind the fact that I'm on my trainer!" Not that that particular thing has, uh, ever, uh, come out of my mouth. Anyway....

Today was one of those crazy days that started out all wrong. I woke up at 4:30, only to go back to sleep and wake up at 6:45. That meant I missed core (one of my favorite workouts of the week) and had almost 2 hours to kill because I scheduled a breakfast meeting at 8:30. I was rather annoyed at myself, but what could I do. I actually got ready at home (gasp) and did my hair (gasp) and put on makeup (gasp) and had actual OPTIONS for my outfit (GASP!!) The reality of having space and options and TIME in the morning was pretty crazy.

Long story short, I was so disoriented this morning - up until about 10:30 - and things just seemed out of sorts. Perfect time to reframe, right? I ended up having the most fantastic day. It was just awesome. I worked harder than I've worked in months, had 2 great workouts, spent quality time with quality people, and found out some really good news.

To make a short story long (and vague and cryptic as ever) -things are coming together. I've felt like so much has been up in the air, but it's all starting to fall into place. Perhaps slowly, but still... very... real...

I'm excited. Very excited.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Good for you! I skipped core class as well, but was still awake at 5:30AM (ended up making cookie dough and watching the news :D )..I too, also fixed my hair, did my makeup, and had clothes options :) it was nice for a change to get ready at home. I actually felt like I had a "good" hair day yesterday. Today, not so much..:)