Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Tired already?

This is me today. How is it only Day THREE of training and I feel wiped out!? I've been eating healthy, going to sleep early and not overdoing my workouts. Yet I'm already exhausted. It's merely 10:45am and I want to take a nap under my desk.

Instead, I will go to swim practice. I looked around during core this morning and realized how many people fared better than me during off season. (i.e. actually trained, got fitter, got leaner, etc.) I have quite the mountain to climb, but I'm ready... that is if I can actually wake up! :)

I did wake up from 1-2:00am this morning. My IT band was really hurting so I iced it and took some ibuprofen. Damn IT band... I thought it was better, but I seem to have reaggravated it during my measly 25 minute run last night. (That was obviously NOT what Maggie & I set out to do, but she took pity on my pain and let me walk it in.) I'm trying to figure out if my pain is real or mental, i.e. should I take it easy or do I run through it? I'm scared of hurting myself more, but I know that it's not going to be fun getting back into shape either. I just don't know.

The good news about waking up at 1:00am is that I saw Melvin! I noticed the light outside my bedroom was on, and in the haze - Melvin was standing there looking into the night. Strange cat - I was wondering where he'd gone. I now realize he's been living under my house... which reminds me, I need to get that opening fixed. :)

Okay, time to wake up!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Haha, you and me both. I know this will all get easier and I'm praying that it will get alot more fun. Maybe we're in a sleepy mode, and then all of a sudden we'll wake up and be full of energy for 23 more weeks :)