Sunday, January 04, 2009

Purpose

I'm back in Austin. My trip to Dallas was perfect. It was great to see my parents. It was so nice to curl up in bed, nod off to sleep and feel like a little kid - with no worries or responsibilities - even if just for a few nights. It was very nice to be taken care of.

Thanks to a very relaxing yet productive extended break... I'm feeling completely refreshed and back to my normal self. (Yes, skepticism is justified! But really, I feel great.)

The best line of the day, said while reviewing T3's "Keys to Success for IM Training:"

"Purpose. That confuses me."

I could have laughed all afternoon at that one. Maybe you had to be there.

Speaking of purpose... Yeah, there is an Ironman in my future. But I'm not thinking about that now. My purpose - i.e. the things that are exciting me right now- are getting back into a workout routine, feeling like I am accomplishing something, returning to my training body, eating healthy and seeing my friends more regularly. I'm going to take my purpose in little bites, rather than in one 6 month gulp. I shall enjoy each little success, each experience, each day. Most importantly, I shall enjoy myself.

No comments: