Saturday, January 10, 2009

Week One: Check!

I made it through my first week of IM training... and man do I feel great! Tired... hungry... but mentally and physically great. Glad to wrap up the week like this!

By the way, I LOVE THE FOAM ROLLER. Because of my new love affair (we get close and personal at least 2 times a day), my IT band seems to be much better. Thus, instead of focusing on pain during my long run, I was able to focus on the following, random thoughts.
  • The memorial ride for Erin this morning was awesome. There were so many of us riding the S. Mopac loop in silence for her - it was very touching.
  • Elizabeth makes me laugh, in a very good way. I was thinking about how she actually sent me a text message me to correct a misspelling from a prior text message.
  • I like my ponytail, and the way it swooshes back and forth when I run. Watching its shadow is a fun distraction.
  • How many other people will find a good song and push repeat on their IPods for miles on end? (My chosen song today was Kings without a Crown.)
  • 9 miles is kind of a joke compared to the 50Ks and 25Ks my friends ran at Bandera. Way to go Mike (6th m 50K) and Meredith (first f 50K) and Jo Dee (first f 25K)!
  • What is the deal with all the guys running in hooded sweatshirts on the trail? They make me giggle.
  • Dionn has lots of free time. :) That made me giggle, too. (By the way, she is doing an excellent job of teaching me the art of scheduling... and rescheduling... )
  • I think I really can do IM! (Today was my first good run in a while, and even though I ran so slowly, I ran nonstop and on very tired legs from all of my riding this week.)
Yup. Running by oneself inspires some random stuff. :)

On another note, I LOVE MY FOREMAN 360 GRILL! Tonight, I made chicken for the first time in my life. (Perhaps I should clarify - I mean edible chicken.) I'm really enjoying eating at home recently. This chicken business - what have I been missing out on for 12 years??!!! Yum!!!!

So, that's it. Week one is done. Tomorrow, I get the whole day off. Pretty damn excited about that. Thinking I may check out the AMOA & the Blanton before the current shows close. Other exciting things planned for tomorrow, too... good stuff.

I was asked today when "crazy Erin" was coming back... hopefully (and I really think this is true) she moved out of town. :)

4 comments:

plain-jane said...

Did you do your long ride and long run today? That's crazy hardcore!

etg said...

In my own defense, I did hit the send button too early and was then going to write more but didn't have time:) But...yes, I'm a dork and so I'll own up to some issues with spelling. For all of you parents and grandparents reading this, be warned: this is what happens to someone when you give her "The Word Book - A Spelling Guide to Over 40,000 Words" as a small child AND then return thank you notes with spelling errors corrected! I'm not kidding! On the other hand, I expanded my paycheck one year by doing extra editing work:) Glad I can make you laugh, Erin!

Sadie J said...

Sounds like you had a good first week. I've done the song repeat thing with King Without a Crown, too. Muse's 'Hysteria' has gotten 4-5 repeats in a row on my iPod before.

Dionn said...

Yes, I have so much free time, I just don't know what to do with myself! (taking a poop alone, without interruptions would be high on the list though. TMI? Sorry)

And YES! It is all about scheduling and rescheduling...as many times as necessary to fit everything in.

I mean, when you have so much free time and all...