Friday, January 09, 2009

Keeping it in Perspective

It feels pretty awesome to wake up (albeit at 5:00am) with a smile on my face.

It had been little while since I was excited to get up and take on my day. Yet I'm feeling better than ever this week. I'm starting to feel like myself again, mentally and physically. I feel more alert, more awake and much less stressed out. I also am starting to feel a little bit of fitness coming back (with the exception of running) - and that's pretty amazing after just 5 days. My body is returning (slowly, but noticeably) to its normal self.

I love waking up and sharing my mornings with 20+ people who are after the same goals as me. I love the encouragement from my friend and coaches. I love eating healthier and feeling good about my nutrition. I love going to sleep by 10pm and feeling refreshed in the morning. I love getting back into a routine and working to achieve something big.

I'm keeping things in perspective: for me - that something big isn't an Ironman medal & finish. It's the feeling I have right now.

1 comment:

jmiahj said...

"I'm keeping things in perspective: for me - that something big isn't an Ironman medal & finish. It's the feeling I have right now."

Well said...it's an elusive feeling for many, present poster included!