Monday, March 26, 2007

Date Night!

My trip to Houston is extra special this week, as my dad coordinated one of his client meetings to coincide with my trip. So, tonight we had a daddy/daughter date night in Houston. Awesome!!!After meeting up at the hotel, we drove to Memorial Park for a trip around the trail. We walked 3 miles in 39 minutes, or a 13 minutes WALKING pace. I had to jog to keep up with my dad, and it was hilarious to see how competitive he gets with the other walkers on the trail. My FOMO has definitely rubbed off on him!
I really liked Memorial Park, by the way. I find something new to like about Houston each time I visit.
After running errands, happy hour at Amazon Grill, and dinner at Yia Yia Mary's, I took my dad to the most amazing place on earth - the Desert Gallery. The pictures says it all.
Mmmmmmmm!!! I opted for a chocolate cupcake; Dad opted for a carrot cake cupcake. They were soooooo good. It's a good thing there isn't a Dessert Gallery in Austin!

It has been so fun hanging out with my dad, getting to know him better and catching up. I think I may have convinced him to schedule more trips to Houston! :)

7 comments:

MW said...

"I find something new to like about Houston each time I visit."

At this pace, you'll actually like Houston soon.
Yuck. ; )

Amanda said...

My little sister and her husband are moving to Houston (from Melbourne) next month!!!

Anonymous said...

love the pics of you and your Dad!! he is so sweet. I must visit the desert gallery soon.
glad you had a fun visit. we missed you here in Austin.

Jane said...

Cute!

Kris said...

So glad you got to do this with your dad--very cool!

Tiffany said...

Awww.... I love this post :)

Missychel said...

OMG!!! the dessert gallery is still open!! I did not know this information. That was a weekly trip for me when I lived there. Good info to know.