Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Homeward Bound

4 days, 3 nights in Southeast Houston & Houston - check
1 night at the most greasy, buttery restaurant I've ever seen - check
1 night pigging out at the Ryan's Steakhouse desert buffet - check
160 visits to insurance agents - check
12 cities covered during marketing blitz- check
2 trips to the cutest local gym ever - check
1 potential new hire from interviews - check
4 drive-by's of a 3 story white concrete statue of Stephen F. Austin - check
1 night in a sketchy hotel off I10 - check
1 night full of margaritas - check
1 hangover somehow avoided - check

To be honest... I like Houston. It's aways an experience. But...

I'm coming home. Yippee!!

4 comments:

MW said...

1 Amber missed in Austin - Check
1 City happy to see her return - Check
1 Blog finally updated - Check
All is now back to normal in smurf village - Check

Unknown said...

houston is such an armpit....I grew up there so I can officially say that. it is fun to visit. what part of town are you consuming these margaritas in?

Erin said...

Michelle -
After dinner was the Cadillac Bar, off I10. I'm afraid of the fact that I know where to get a good margarita b/c I've been these places more than few times. I normally don't consider myself knowledgable about those things!

Guess I'm becoming a real Houstonian!

Panther said...

My favorite thing about Houston is the blow-up chimpanzee in front of the Subaru dealership.