Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thoughts at 7:00am

Somehow, I managed to drag my butt to the gym this morning. I was debating going, but Stephanie said she'd join me - so we made a date to meet at 6:00am.

I must mention that she called me at 5:50 and said she wasn't going to make it. Hmpf! I still went though. (The thought of the 1/4 box of Chocolate Special K cereal I mindlessly ate while watching American Idol was a big motivator!)

There are not many people at the gym at 6:00am. I pretty much grouped everyone into 4 categories:
1) The Elderly. Seriously, about 60% of the people there were about 65 and up. For the most part, they are very cute. Except for the ones who are stronger than me.
2) The personal trainers & trainees.
3) The focused get in/get 'er done/get out people. I classify myself here.
4) The misfits. These are my favorite - they are people that do not look like they belong at the gym. Some clues: jean shorts. polo shirts. socks to their knees. khaki pants. a look of confusion and/or desperation. Seriously, people. I am begging you - throw away your jean shorts!! There is no place for them. None! Especially not at the gym!!

Anyway, this was a good workout. I only did upper body and abs since I will be running tonight. I could certainly feel pangs of soreness from Monday's core class. I'm glad I got the workout in. Stephanie, you missed out.

On my way in to work, I passed by the new Starbucks at Ben White & 35. I was shocked at the number of cars waiting in the drive-thru. I could tell by the number of headlights, and there were at least 8 sets. I'm amazed at how a few months ago there was nothing but field, and now there is this small cement box (about the size of 1 Pizza Hut) that draws tons of people at 7:00am.

I have a feeling it's going to be a great day. By being "stuck" in the office this week, I'm getting a LOT done. And, I've got a lunch appointment at Truluck's to learn about, um, software - I can't wait!

2 comments:

Missychel said...

Yo are sooo good. I slept in:)

One of my favorite things to do at the gym, especially that one, is play Celeb. Sightings. Basically find people who slightly resemble a celeb. It is more fun to play this with a workout buddie. Then you can rate the sighting......Try it next time.

See ya tonight! What time are we meeting BTW?

Tiffany said...

I could not stop laughing when I read this part... "Some clues: jean shorts. polo shirts. socks to their knees. khaki pants. a look of confusion and/or desperation."

CLASSIC!!!! :)