Sunday, March 11, 2007

Week 9 Workouts

This week shaped up pretty nicely... The only thing I fell short on was my run total. I admit, I'm contemplating going out for a run to up my week's miles. And... *pause* ... I'm over it! :) I am damn proud of myself for meeting my goal bike miles for the first time this season!!!

Total Run: 12 miles / 3 times (Goal = 20 miles)
Total Bike: 90 miles / 3 times (Goal = 90 miles)
Total Swim: 2 miles / 2 times (Goal = 2 times)
Total Gym: 3 times

Here's how the week played out:
  • Monday: managed to drag my coworkers with me to the Lake Jackson Family Fitness Center so I could run 5 miles. I enjoyed the fact that they kept wondering, "when is she going to stop running? We want to leave! Won't it stop!?"
  • Tuesday: got up at 5:30 to return to the Lake Jackson Fitness Center and get my gym workout in. Really enjoyed the new workout, and I definitely considered this a cardio workout too. Was going to run at Memorial Park at night, but opted for happy hour instead.
  • Wednesday: First meeting of PR class/Camp Punishment/Rogue Tri Group. Ran 2 mile time trial in 15:48 (7:55 mile pace) and was pleased. Definitely an improvement over last year.
  • Thursday: Made it to swim class in the morning! Still couldn't breath well, but worked on my stroke and at least reminded my body what the pool felt like. After work, I rode with the Camp Punishment/Rogue Tri Group. The workout was to ride from Runtex, down Mopac, to 360 and make it as far as you could in 45 minutes before turning around. I made it almost to Westlake Drive, and then helped another girl in our group on the way back. Between the wind and the traffic, I thought multiple times that I was going to die, but this was certainly a confidence booster. 20 miles total.
  • Friday: personal training session at the gym. I really liked the workout, but sadly Stephanie didn't. We did some crazy stuff, like walking like an upside down crab. I really enjoyed doing different things than normal, and I was actually sore the next day.
  • Saturday: 30 mile ride / 3 mile run with Michelle & Rebecca. We used my house as transition, which was fun. The ride was pretty easy, thanks to a nice tailwind along Bee Caves. I brought Olive along for the run, though I had to pull her for the last 2 miles. Sad when I'm pulling a dog downhill! Later, Glenda & I went to Stacey Pool to swim. It was perfect weather and I finally felt like I was getting my stroke back. I've been kind of mediocre about swimming lately, so it was really nice to feel good in the water.
  • Sunday: 40 mile ride with Rogue Tri Group. What a treat - Glenda joined us. I rode with her and Daniel for most of the ride, and we kept it pretty easy but still strong. Glenda & I rode extra so I could get 40 instead of 30 miles, and thus meet my goal. I felt like a true cyclist because I rode to the workout versus drove. Stopped at Jack & Adam's on the way back to recalibrate my computer, and also finally got to meet Amanda. I spotted her on the trail, so I called her over to say hello. (Love your accent, Amanda!) I'm heading to the gym in a bit, and then calling it a week.

I'm very excited about this upcoming week - turns out I don't have to go to Houston because I am acting general manager at work! (All the owners & GM are on spring break vacation.) So, I'll be able to make all of my workouts! I'm so excited!

What did I learn since last week? This week, I relaxed, let go a little... and I met my new goal. I'm pleased to say that this week, I enjoyed all of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erin- I plan to take some swimming lessons after the 5k/10k class. I want to swim this summer and give running a much needed break.

I'd love to meet you at Stacey Pool- I can walk from my house;)

Cheers to enjoying your work-outs!!!