Friday, March 09, 2007

An unlikely foursome

Like most people, I have a bunch of different "friend groups." Many of the people in these groups overlap, but there usually seems to be a core to each group.

Today, I had lunch with one of my favorite friend groups: Glenda, Julie & Amy. We are somewhat of an unlikely group, and probably would never have met each other except for our mutual love of torture (running/swimming/biking.)

We all met through Iron Chicks two years ago, and the four of us used to meet on Sundays to ride the Danskin bike course. There were others that showed up, but it was the four of us who forged a real friendship. Luckily, we've remained good friends ever since. Even though we don't all work out together anymore (though it looks promising that we'll finally all swim together again once Glenda finishes the Boston Marathon), we still get together to hang out and catch up.

Glenda, Amy & Julie are some of the most kind, supportive people I have ever met. It is nice to know that there's a group who supports each other and cares about each other as much as we do. I am so thankful to know these them and call them my friends.

Thanks for a great lunch today, girls!!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Panera?

Erin said...

wow... chuy's, but glenda & i did hit panera after work. i'm not predictable or anything, am i? :)

MW said...

i had panera 3 times this last week.
considering I ate at work on Friday (with client in town), and was sick at home for one lunch, that means i hit Panera every single work lunch last week!
Imagine that.
And I ordered the same thing every day. I bet you can't guess what.