Thursday, July 26, 2007

Finished

It's official... My season is over.

January 1st to July 25th Totals:
Running: 472 miles
Biking: 1880 miles
Swimming: 60.5 miles
Gym: 70 times

It's pretty cool to see that I've traveled over 2400 miles by land and water this year!

Here are some season highlights:
  • Lil' Longhorn 5K, February 25th(?) - Second place female overall, new 5K PR
  • Spenco Olympic Tri, April 1st - Very fun triathlon, followed race plan to a T
  • Rosedale Ride, April 22(?) - managed to keep up with Panther, Lulu & Kris for 60+ miles
  • Armadillo Hill Country Classic, May (?) - 80 mile very hard ride, kept up with the group
  • Metroplex Sprint Tri, June 10th - Great race, placed 4th in age group, 1st on bike
  • Urban Assault Race, June 24th - Kept up with Lulu, placed 4th in our division
  • Katy Flatlands, July 15th - First century ride, and a pretty easy one at that!
  • Improved tremendously on my bike
  • Improved on my run
  • Gained a ton of strength through my gym workouts - my arms and legs actually have definition
  • Improved mentally during races - learned to push myself, and believe that I can do better than "just finish" a race
  • Improved on my nutrition. I've finally got a good grip on food (physically and mentally)
  • and... for those that have been keeping tracking of my new year's resolution... I have run numerous times wearing just running shorts and a sports bra. Meaning, I have been out in public with my stomach exposed to the world. :)
I have had some really great moments this season. The first was when I sped past some guys on the Veloway during our crit workout early season. Another was at Metroplex when I actually won an award - and when I looked at the results to see I had smoked everyone else in my age group on the bike. Another was during the Nutty Brown ride, when I was able to hammer away at the end of a really hard ride. And lastly was the conversation I had with Panther in which he shared how proud he is of me - he has coached me for 2 years and should feel really responsible for my improvements.

I didn't expect to end my season right now. But it's time. I've been working hard for 8 months, and I need a break. For the next 6 weeks I will do whatever I want, with no pressure. So if you see me taking it easy, you know why.

It's been my favorite training season yet.

2 comments:

KP said...

Way to kick ass, sea bass! You've come super far (literally and athletically) since our '05 marathon. Don't get me started... don't EVEN get me started...

By the way, Happy New Eye Day Friday!!

Unknown said...

I'm waiting on summer getting here so I can start my season...