Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Jealous No More

After reading everyone's blogs this morning, I was feeling sad and jealous. It seems like everyone is having great workouts lately. Just this morning, people were posting about their awesome workouts and how great they felt by 7:00am. I, on the other hand, turned off my alarm at 6:00am and slept in.

So why was I sad and jealous? Well, it just seems like the people I train with are getting so fast and strong lately. I feel like I was making a lot of strides earlier this season, but now I've fizzled out a bit. It's not that I don't enjoy training, I just want to keep up with everyone else.

But what can I do, really. There is only so much time in the day. I'm not an elite athlete. As Tim pointed out, I didn't even become "athletic" until 4 years ago. (I mean, I was on the mock trial team in high school, not the cross country team. I took ballet for my P.E. credits.)

I was annoyed at the way I was feeling, so I went to the gym. I had a great workout - I have a new routine, and it felt great to really push myself. Feeling better, I met up with Kerry & Tim to bike at the Veloway. We tried to avoid the rain, but ended up riding right through the middle of the storm. We were like little kids in the rain, laughing and playing and making fun of each other. Perfect!
So happily, I'm feeling much better this afternoon. All this training is ultimately about having fun, right? Today turned out to be a ton of fun. I don't have anything to be sad or jealous about.

2 comments:

Slingshot said...

Yea! I'm glad you had some good workouts, and way to go through that storm! I saw it out my office window and hoped you weren't out in it!

Lulu said...

This pic does NOT do the rain justice - we barely look wet at all (No....that is not what she said)!