Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Slacker... (not really!)

I was feeling particularly slackerish last night when I arrived at my quality run workout. One might think I'd be excited to be in Austin on a Tuesday and run with the group. Instead, I was tired and didn't want to run in the rain. So... after waiting around for a while, the group decided to go to Aussie's for beers instead of doing our run. (Gotta love the "easy" week!)

This morning, I was supposed to do a 50+ mile ride called "Rabbit's Run" with the group. After exchanging text messages with Kris, and thus determining that she wasn't going and was going to rest, I decided to skip the ride. Of course not 5 minutes later, I was starting to feel really lazy and called Leslie to see what she was doing.

Ironically, she and Rob were meeting in 5 minutes to run. They agreed to wait for me and I quickly dressed and got myself down to the rock. Instead of an easy 5-7 like Leslie advertised, we ended up doing the 9 mile Mt. Bonnell loop. Uh, not so easy afterall!

I LOVED THIS RUN!!! I have really been hating running lately, as I think it's my weakest sport and it just isn't much fun in the summer. But the combination of a days rest, tolerable weather and great company were just what I needed. I felt very strong the entire time we ran. Going up Mt. Bonnell was actually pretty easy - especially considering I used to not be able to get halfway up without walking. The hills actually felt really good, and dare I say it, were fun!

I'm glad I skipped my ride and ran instead. It was an awesome way to spend my morning, and the perfect way to get rid of my slacker complex!

1 comment:

MW said...

Congrats on running up Mt. Bonnell!
(i love conquering hills!)