Monday, July 09, 2007

MONDAY QUALITY RUN

First off, I have no idea why I can't enter a title for my recent posts. Very annoying, Blogger, very annoying!!

Second, I am thrilled to have had a great quality run workout this morning. I met Holly at 5:15am at the Rock and did a mile warmup to & around the Austin High track. I'm not sure why I was nervous (or better yet, dreading) the workout, though I have my theories. The first theory is that my body likes running slow and really doesn't like pain. The second is that I've been doing track workouts in Houston, on a horrible asphalt track, in the blazing humidity. Not exactly fun.

But anyway, this morning, though humid, was relatively cool. And running on the track felt so much better than running on asphalt. The workout was 6 x 800's at 5K pace with 200 meter recoveries. My 800 pace would be 4:07. The results:

#1: 3:57
#2: 3:58
#3: 4:00
#4: 3:57
#5: 3:54
#6: 3:47

I'm quite pleased! I felt great the entire time, and stayed at 5K pace (versus the typical mile pace that "5K" pace usually turns into.) When I told Phil my times, I think he nailed it on the head - looks like it's time for a new time trial. Anyway, Holly & I cooled down together - giving me a total of 5.5 miles. I was home by 6:20 & at work by 7:30. Not a bad way to start the morning.

4 comments:

Shorey said...

I was having trouble with the title yesterday. I finally figured that if I moused over the word "Title" and not the text box, I could finally get my cursor to show up.

md said...

great job! you are so strong!! & don't run in the houston blazing humidity, that's nuts.

holly said...

You did awesome this morning. In fact I think we both did.

Missychel said...

you ladies kick butt!!