Sunday, July 29, 2007

Riding for Fun

Somehow I managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning and meet up with the group in Pflugerville for the ACA "Pfinally Pflugerville" ride. Here is everything that went wrong:

-My front tire was flat before I even loaded it into the car.
-My car keys fell out of my jersey at mile 2.
-I got another flat on my front tire at mile 16. It took us 4 tries to fill the tire up with air.
-Dave & I decided to hammer ahead at mile 28. We missed our turn, got lost, then got bad directions from some dude who was out riding on his own. (We were concerned that he kept saying, "Trust me!" even though he held the map upside down.)
-I lost a bottle at mile 42. My cage is really loose so I had to carry both bottles in my jersey.

But who cares? This was one of my favorite rides all year. I finally made it to a group workout, and it was great to see my friends. Even though I was afraid I'd lost all cycling ability in my short time off, I did just fine on the ride. And we ended the day with a pool party/cookout at Bibiana's house. Oh, and the best part, I could see!!!!!!!

Riding for fun today, versus riding "because it's on my schedule and I have to get my miles in" was a blast.

9 comments:

md said...

ummmm...I think someone is supposed to be resting and letting her eyes heal.

but anyways...glad you enjoyed your ride! I love that route.

JohnF said...

Congrats on the new eyes.

When I had that eye surgery done, they also forbid strenuous workouts for a month to avoid any complications. But then with all the training you have been doing, maybe that ride is no longer considered strenuous ;)

MW said...

I had a great time at the pool party! That pool was awesome!

Erin said...

Well, I closed my eyes whenever we went through anything potentially dangerous (like cut grass or something). I thought I'd have to take it easy, but the doc said he ran the next day after his surgery. So, I took that to mean I could do whatever I wanted. :)

Lulu said...

My doc said no working out for a week. I gave it 4 days. She said to make sure you dont squint your eyes together hard for a week. And some guy she was seeing went to Gold's Gym and got a piece of metal in his eye. YIKES!

Dionn said...

It was a blast riding with you...well at least until mile 28... and hanging out at the pool. What a great sunday!!

Jane said...

Glad you made it out for fun! Thanks for cheering me into the parking lot...I almost didn't make it ;-)

Rabbit said...

That sure was a fun ride and I was glad I was able to (barely) hang with you. Sounds like I missed a good time at the pool afterward.

Panther said...

Fuck it, motherfucker.