Saturday, August 16, 2008

5.25hr Saturday

I am so tired. Even after a 2 hour nap, I still feel dead.

Instead of doing my 65 mile ride, I decided mid-ride to make it 75 miles (so I don't have to do that distance next week... unless I want.) I rode mainly with Cindy & Chris, but we caught up with some of the IMAZ group on the way back down Old San Antonio Rd, where I stupidly decided to go faster. Charles put me in my place in seconds, but then I was left going hard all the way back to Mopac. Finished off with an Autobahn loop, Veloway loops and a little extra - overall pace: 18.1mph. Next headed out for a 3 mile "run" with Alisa. Felt great until the turnaround, when I looked down and realized it was noon. And I really wanted to be done. And gosh I smelled horrible. Oh, and I was so thirsty - maybe as thirsty as I have ever been in my life.

My nutrition was good but I don't think I got enough water. 14 hrs w/o needing to visit the bathroom is probably a bad sign. TMI, sorry.

Anyway, I finished it. It's slightly demoralizing to hear how well everyone else did, because I was starting to question my ability to finish Longhorn. It always comes down to the run for me. :(

We'll see... I'm not giving up now! I just hope my legs feel better sometime soon. Tomorrow is gonna be rough!

3 comments:

MW said...

don't worry about it.
There are good days and bad days, and good days with bad parts in them.
but most of all, it's August 16., you got a month and a half to train still!

Shorey said...

I'm still not sure I understand why it was a bad day...sounds extremely productive to me.

a.maria said...

if it makes you feel any better, i have serious doubts about finishing this race at ALL, so you're leaps and bounds ahead of me, and it sounds like on track for a pretty great race, so keep it up!!