Thursday, August 28, 2008

Procrastinating...

I am leaving for the airport in 2 hours... I REALLY should be packing, but instead I'm updating my i-tunes and blogging.

It's been 1 year, 6 months since I took a "vacation." It's been 1 year, 3 months since I've been on a plane. So traveling is a little rusty for me. (Tell me to drive somewhere and I'm set. I still think I could drive to Houston with my eyes closed.) I have no idea what you can bring on carry on! Do you have to pay to check your bags? What are you supposed to wear to a wedding rehearsal? Or a post-wedding brunch? How am I going to pack my running shoes that are still wet from this morning? Hmmmm....

I have already had 2 "oops" moments. One, I forgot to buy, uh, support to fit under the slinky black bridesmaid dress. Two, and probably more importantly, I forgot to buy the wedding gift. Luckily I will have some time to take care of that stuff! (Sadly, I was more concerned with planning some running routes and remembering my cap/goggles.)

Okay, I could write all day (i.e. keep procrastinating) but I'm going to go pack. Goal: In 20 minutes I'll be done.

2 comments:

Shorey said...

1. Anything liquid that you want to carry on must be around 3oz. or less and in a quart sized ziploc. Not a gallon ziploc, QUART. This includes lotion, lipgloss, etc. When in doubt, put it in your suitcase to check it.
2. You only have to pay for your bags if you check more than 2 or if any of your bags are over the weight limit.
3. Cocktail dress or similar to rehearsal, unless it's a casual theme, like BBQ or a hay ride (hehehe)
4. I recommend Spanx.
5. Gift, you can do that, no sweat.
6. HAVE FUN!!!!

md said...

loading your Ipod is super important since you're gonna run.

you don't have to pay to check your bags.....wait! are you taking your bike??