Sunday, August 24, 2008

Busy Weekend!

Before I write my race report, I'll sum up the past few days... go! go! go!!! Friday morning started with a 13 mile run with Myndi, then work, then a few hours at Southpark Meadows waiting for my phone to be fixed (uh... oops), and post-work friend time.

Saturday had me at T3 swim practice at 7:00am (dang, I had really banked on an 8:30 start, but oh well), breakfast with Leslie, Meredith's nutrition seminar at J&A's, then a trip to Dripping Springs for Kerry's Margaritaville party. I have never had so much fun exploring houses as I did with Kerry, Mike & Lindsey. We learned all about Giant houses and Kenyan houses, and we watched Mike karaoke. Afterwards, I watched the men's marathon and was off to sleep.

(This pictures is Mike, me & Kerry hanging out at the Kenyan bar. No one liked the Unicef rice!)

This morning was a 4:30am wake-up call, the Sweet & Twisted Tri, then the film "Baraka" at the Paramount, some mexican food, then finally some down time to unload my car (4 trips!) and open my laptop.

My house is a mess! There are 2 bikes and 5 tires laying in front of my desk, dishes in the sink, bills to pay and laundry to do. I am trying to figure out my schedule this week, but it's one of those crazy ones where I have doctor's appointments, haircuts, etc... during the day and a market research study tomorrow night. And some work too... gotta throw that in somewhere! ;)

I leave for San Diego on Thursday, and I am SO EXCITED!! I've already called the hotel, and it has a lap pool and a gym. Phew ;) Anyway, I'm very excited about a recovery week and getting to see my 3 "growing up together" best friends. It's probably a good idea for me to get away from the obsessive training scene for a few days, too. These girls will be having none of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good to see Kerry keeping it low key as usual