Saturday, August 09, 2008

Jinx!!!

Dang it. I know better... don't write about something that hasn't happened yet because I'm bound to jinx it.

The schedule: 55 miles (and a 30 minute run)
The actual: 22 miles, 3 flat tires, 1 girl covered in grease, 2 awesome T3 white knights, and a sag pickup from Maggie

Thanks, Parmer, for the giant gash in my tire. Oh well, everyone has bad bike karma days, and I am fine with today being mine. I'd write something about how I'm glad this is happening now... but I don't want to jinx anything... Anyway, thank goodness for Jim, who was my savior and saw through my "tough girl/I can fix this!" ways. After some convincing, he finally left me after my third flat, which is when Maggie, my guardian angel, came to the rescue and picked me up.

As Betty said, I needed to take that as a sign. A giant billboard sign. Enough riding for the morning. So... breakfast at Taco Deli, followed by a very very very expensive trip to Jack & Adam's, and I'm good to go.

(I'm not even in a bad mood about it. Nothing can ruin this fantastic week for me!)

4 comments:

Tim said...

gee only if you had some grease monkey wipes to clean up with after flatting

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Yep--get those days over now! Your training week has been brilliant! Great work...one little measley ride will not make or break your race!

md said...

glad to pick you up! it was time to call it a day.

Thanks for breakfast!

MW said...

#756!