Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello Monday!

I said I wasn't going to let that botched ride get me down, and I didn't. I considered riding Saturday afternoon, until I stepped outside and realized I wanted NOTHING to do with being outside. :) Instead, I finally made it to the Arthouse's 22 to Watch exhibit... love that place!!! Also went to Women & Their Work, which has a pretty good show right now. I'm really trying to get back into "art" mode... I'm almost embarrassed at how little I see lately.

Sunday morning, I met Elizabeth & Betty at Barton Springs for a 10 mile run. It was fun to run away from the trail (we did Exposition to 35th to Lamar and back), and I felt really good. This was of course thanks to some cooler temperatures and fresh legs. Then, Elizabeth & I swam at Barton Springs, and I got my butt handed to me! That girl can swim!! I tried and tried to stay in her draft (which was sadly her "easy swim draft") but I couldn't hang. It ended up being quite the workout, though. I went home and slept for 2 hours!

I spent the rest of Sunday running errands and finishing up some uber-dorky projects. Nothing too exciting, but a wonderful day none the less. I am pleased to say I was in bed by 9:00, asleep before 10:00... all so I could start the week at 4:30am...

I'm glad to be back in a place where I don't dread Mondays anymore. Hello Monday!!

1 comment:

Shorey said...

sounds like your Sat was like my Sun - guess we all need a break sometimes, and it's nice how the stars align and force us to take a break when we can't seem to do it naturally.