Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Redemption on the Track

Great run tonight! Two things did it for me:

1) I focused on my nutrition today. For those mildly interested it looked like this:
5:30am: peanut butter toast
6:00am: core - 1 hour
8:30am: 1/2 veggie egg white omelet, small serving of hash browns, biscuit (Starseeds... yum!)
10:15am: leftover breakfast - omelet, hash browns, biscuit
11:45am: salad, rice pilaf, steamed veggies, sweet potato chunks, roll
3:00pm: nectarine
4:00pm: oatmeal on the go bar
6:00pm: run - 1.25 hours
All day: about 100 oz of water. (and 3 cups of coffee. ;))


2) GREAT NEWS! Sun & Ski Sports placed an order for Grease Monkey Wipes!! They are also going to promote us at the Hotter than Hell 100 in 2 weeks. I've been working on this account for a looooooong time, but we got an official order today, and big things are in the works. YAY!

Anyway, on to the track workout. 4 laps warmup, drills, 2 laps stride outs, 1 mile time trial (7:06 again), 6 x partner 400's (Jess rocks!), 800m time trial (3:35 - faster, yes!), 2 laps cooldown (which included lots of backwards running - fun!) It was awesome. I love the team camaraderie; for instance, everyone waits until all runners have finished their time trials and cheers them in. It is very motivating and very cool. I also like that the workouts so far are managable. I'm not overwhelmed by them, but they are still challenging.

Tonight Travis asked why I'm so hard on myself about running. The short answer? Because I think I suck at it. The long answer? I don't really think I suck at running. I just wish I was faster... NOW. I know it will come, but I want it NOW. However, I'm practicing patience. I'll take tonight as a little victory.

Now it's time for bed... I've earned lots of sleep tonight!

3 comments:

md said...

you do not suck at running!

the veggie egg white omelet & biscuit is my favorite dish at Starseeds!! I just had that last friday after my run.

good job on your run.

Jane said...

wow, you eat healthy.

KP said...

You call that eating?!