Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pain

I get it. I get why Chrissie is called Coach Pain. The woman is crazy.

Spin last night was an earthly-modified version of hell. It probably didn't help that I had already been spinning for an hour, but I could barely keep up last night. I had to drop down gears quite a bit, and I couldn't keep cadence for a lot of the workout. It's okay, I stuck with it, even though I wanted more than ever to hop off my bike and crawl into the fetal position. I think sharing looks of pain with Katy helped get me through it.

Then again this morning. Coach Pain put me through the ringer. We split into groups of 3 and would do 6 minute sets, alternating two exercises without rest. Then we'd rotate, but for good measure, we'd do either skiers, jumping jacks, or mountain climbers in between. All of this fun lasted for a good hour, which was about all I could take.

I unloaded so many "used" workout clothes from the car this morning in hopes that the lingering stench will go away. It hasn't. Might be time for some mold remediation, mold remediation. :)

I am so thankful that Coach Pain is not coaching track tonight. Not that Logan is much better...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I was hurting last night too and felt bad when I had to drop down a few gears. Nice to know that I wasn't alone!

a.maria said...

hahaha. she's called coach pain!!?!

well no friggin wonder i wanted to impale myself on my bike stem last night. or cry. or vomit.

or both.

Shorey said...

Yeah, you're not making me want to join T3

Unknown said...

I loathe mountain climbers...