Monday, August 04, 2008

Robots!!!

Ever had one of those Mondays where you are ready to take on the world?! Well, I can't exactly say that's where I am this morning... but I'm closer than usual. I got through last week surprisingly well... phew...

Anyway, when I leave my house every weekday at 5:00am and don't return until late evening (sometimes after 9 or so) - it takes a very concentrated effort to maintain a clean living space, eat well, take care of household stuff, and manage to sleep. (Add trying to operate a second business in there, too. You know, just for fun. ;)) So this weekend I decided to relax and regroup...
Friday afternoon, after a much needed nap, I knocked out the grocery store, had an awesome dinner, cleaned up the house, and packed for Saturday. Saturday, after an early ride (yay easy week! only 30 miles!), I met Leslie for a near 2 hour breakfast, then spent the whole afternoon with Maggie. It was awesome - we went for an easy swim, then ran errands all over town. It was great to have some company and spend time with her. Sunday, I volunteered at Jack's Generic Tri (granted, all I did was stand in the swim chute and watch people run by), then headed back home for an almost 3 hour nap. Spent the rest of the day cleaning, cutting up some healthy snacks for the week, and working on my robots.

Robots, eh?! Well, it's no news at all that I am a giant dork. But this may top it. I was inspired by an artist I like to make these little guys... After $25 at Hobby Lobby, I had all the stuff I needed... and ta da... robots!! Once I find a saw, I'll be able to give them legs and they'll be done. I love them. It's the little things, okay? ;)
So, on to this week. Because I finally caught up on some sleep, and I've managed to organize my schedule to fit in work, 16 hours of training, and some friend time - I'm thinking this week is going to rock.
"Robots!!" Hehe....

4 comments:

md said...

ROBOTS!!!!
I had so much fun on Saturday! but that was not an "easy" swim...way to push me.
yay for robots.

Missychel said...

LUV the bots and miss you...and maggie for that matter.

KP said...

Those are really cool lookin' Bots - nice job!

(neplex)

Yvonne said...

those are so cute! i wonder how you make those, they would look cute with my collection of bears :)