Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Blog Irony (or, Nice to Meet you Gordon!)

I experienced some blog irony today...

I went to Houston for my weekly meetings with my marketing staff. I arrived about 30 minutes before I was to meet with one of my marketing coordinators and had some time to kill. After reading my friends' blogs, I moved on to of some of their friends' blogs.

First I came across Amanda's blog (linked from Wiley) and read all about her Ironman training. (Her training is impressive!)

Then I came to her husband Gordon's blog. I've seen Gordon around the running/tri community before. I've admired his photographs, too. (In fact, we use 2 of them on runningbanana.com) But for some stupid reason, I've never introduced myself to him. Maybe I didn't want to seem stalkery - you know, where you know someone who doesn't know you.

Well, anyway, I was reading all about his photography and admiring more of his pictures, when I get an email alert that someone had commented on one of my posts. Lo & behold - it's Gordon! I had no idea he even read my blog... and at the same time I was reading his. Craziness!!

So... Gordon - I'm officially (and publicly) introducing myself. I love your photography! You are VERY talented. (see picture below as proof) Next time I see you out, I will introduce myself in person. Thanks for reading my blog, and for actually posting!

It's cool how people can connect online, you know?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I recognised you from the runningbanana thing. Hullo! I have my very own stalker, who'd have thought it.

Anonymous said...

Temporary Restraining Order

Attorneys for Plaintiff
ONLINE POLICY GROUP

Attorneys for Plaintiff
NALSON CHU PAVLISKI and LUKE SMYTHE

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF TEXAS

Gordon McGregor
Plaintiff,
v.
Erin Stalkery,
Defendant.
No. 1AMI35HF38-X9

[Proposed] Temporary Restraining Order and Order to Show Cause re: Preliminary Injunction
Date: Dec 20, 2006
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Courtroom: ____
TO DEFENDANTS Erin:

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT pending hearing on the Order to Show Cause, scheduled for _______________, 2006, you, your servants, employees, and attorneys and all those in active concert or participation with your or them
ARE HEREBY RESTRAINED AND ENJOINED FROM:

1. Issuing or causing the issuance of blog posts referring to the plaintiff by name. A true and correct copy of the blog archive is attached hereto as Exhibit A (¿blog archive¿).

2. Approach or via a third party approach the plaintiff while running.

3. Misuse or cause to be misused the term 'irony' when co-incidence is the correct legal term. The original defendant in this case, Ms. Alanis Morissette may be called as a hostile witness for the defence in this matter.

This Temporary Restraining Order and all supporting pleadings and papers must be served on Defendant no later than __________, and proof of service shall be filed no later than one court day before the hearing on the preliminary injunction.
SO ORDERED.

DATE:___________________ ___________________________________
UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

Erin said...

Now, I don't like to think of myself as a stalker! :)

The restraining order is very funny. Well executed, indeed!!

Panther said...

So true, Erin. So true, how people can hook up online. Wow.

Are there any other truisms regarding recent technological advances that you can share with us?

--Panther

Anonymous said...

i see that Gordon is a very busy man at work these days...

Anonymous said...

That's why they pay me the big bucks. Efficient multi-tasker.

Or permanently distracted, I can never tel, oh ... shiny...