Saturday, December 16, 2006

The pieces are coming together...

There have been 2 big problems impeding my triathlon training lately. First, I've had a horrible "something" on the ball of my left foot for about 6 months - I've had to wear flip flops to work lately because I can't wear shoes. Running has been really painful for me. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and had it removed. I now have a hole in the bottom of my foot, but I should be able to run (and walk) pain free very soon!

Second, I hated my bike. If you read my last cycling related post, you'll know why. Basically, I needed a new bike. The price of bikes is a lot to swallow, and had been deterring me for a while. But, with the conclusion of my cycling study and a cash prize from a membership contest I won at BOMA - I figured I had earned the right to buy myself something I really wanted.

So...

I would like to announce the arrival of the newest member of my family... my new, beautiful, wonderful Felt S22 triathlon bike! Ain't she a beauty??Amy & Joey joined me in my inaugural ride at the Veloway this afternoon. We rode 12+ miles together and I honestly had so much fun. Really - fun! On the bike! Me!! Wahoo!!!
I'm going to try & run tomorrow morning with Maggie (assuming my foot doesn't hurt too bad), and then we are going on the Rogue bike ride. I can't wait to show off my bike. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a very nice ride. You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Anonymous said...

When I saw 'sweetness' today, I thought you'd stolen the military's latest whizzbang technology.

That thing's a Beaut!

Laura said...

Sweet, Congratulations! You are going to love that bike, it is very nice.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a sweet ride :)

Buzz said...

Two words:
Bad and Ass!

Erin said...

I thought I would share something Laura said in an email to me.

"When you love your bike, the rest is easy."

I love that. I hope it stays true. (Thanks, Laura!)

Rabbit said...

Congrats! An S22 I see. A very nice choice. You must have had someone very knowledgeable about bikes help you with that one ;)