Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Can we be any more LAZY?!

Today, I discovered Skype. I was supposed to go to Houston for the day to meet with my marketing staff and attend our weekly sales meeting. But, I thought it seemed kind of pointless to drive to Houston for a 2 hour meeting and then drive back. Upon relaying this to my boss, he decided that I must install Skype on my computer and start videoconferencing. So... our IT manager ran out and bought me a webcam while I installed Skype... and now, I can talk to anyone in the world, for free, while watching them talk back to me. How freaking cool is this? I can't believe I didn't know about it before!!

Now, here comes the lazy part. Rather than video conference with my marketing staff, I video conferenced with my bosses. Who are about 3 offices down from me. Here is a screenshot from my computer - notice me in the bottom left corner. Now, seriously. Can we be any more lazy? Instead of walking down the hall, we have to video conference each other from the comfort of our own offices? Hmm, what would a communication person say about this interaction, or lack there of?
But... you know, if you want to download Skype and talk to me... I'm here!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Skype for me. I'll see you in flesh and bone when I see you.
HA!
You should put in Skypes on 7 computer at your house, so you can just talk to your dogs that way.