Wednesday, December 06, 2006

UT Cycling Study - Experimental Ride #3

This morning was my 4th ride. I only have one more to go, which is actually kind of sad. I've really enjoyed this study.

I don't know if it was because I read Lulu's blog about her 4th ride, or because the drink wasn't very good, but I had a rougher time at this week than I did last week. By the time I made it to the performance phase, I made a mental goal of cycling through 4 songs. I think I ended up making it through 8 or 9, somehow, but it was pretty tough. Dr. Ivy said, "Erin is not smiling today" which pretty much summed up how I felt. I was impressed with myself for pushing through even when I was really tired, though of course I wish I had gone longer. I think the total time this week was about 3:15 minutes.

If I didn't have anywhere to be at 11:30 on Wednesdays, I think I could go a lot longer. I know that the obligation of various luncheons messes with my motivation to keep going. That being said, I do really want to do well and go for a long time, and I entertain the idea of being late to my luncheons.

This morning, we passed the time looking at some of the pictures on my laptop. (I have my laptop there for music.) We looked at pictures from my wedding, pictures from Jenna's wedding, pictures of New Zealand, and pictures of the puppies. It helped pass the time, and it was also fun to look through the pictures. Took my mind off of my legs.

When I finished, I realized that I hadn't packed a hair dryer or a brush. Oops - luckily one of the administrators had a hairdryer that I borrowed, though it was a little pointless without the brush. I managed to put myself together enough to arrive at my AAFAME luncheon not looking completely frumpy and disheveled.

Anyway, I received a great surprise at my luncheon - I was named one of the outstanding members of the year! Pretty darn cool. I'll post pictures when I get them.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Great work today Erin - only one more to go then we start our own study at your house in the dance room!

Rabbit said...

Way to go member of the year. After today you won't to worry (as much) about hair dryers and brushes. You are going to make some young girl very happy. I am proud of you for doing that!

MW said...

You're a WINNER!!