Friday, December 22, 2006

The Night of the Red Dress

Last night was the much awaited Red Dress 12 Bars of Christmas Run. For me, this was a good old "return to freshman year of college" night. In fact, I used to wear this same red dress back in college (and high school for that matter.)

Phil & I showed up a little late because I was busy getting my bike refit. I wasn't sure what bar everyone was going to, so we parked and just walked towards 6th street. Suddenly, about 40+ people wearing red dresses ran by and it was pretty easy to find the next spot. I most enjoyed hearing the comments of innocent bystanders - gems like "I shouldn't have done the shrooms today!"

The whole group was quite a site to see! Especially the boys, of course. Rob won the "Best Dressed" award during the finals at Club DeVille. Joey was a close second, though.

I was very happy that Glenda & Amy were there! Glenda is no longer a Pub Run virgin. :) Here we are sporting our dresses and running shoes. Quite the fashion trend!



















And here are some pictures of Tim & me (Aristrocrat style) and Maggie and me.



















At any rate, I'm glad that these are the only pictures that have surfaced (so far.) The rest of the night turned a little crazy. There was the stop at Coyote Ugly where all the girls danced on the bars. There was the photo booth that Lulu, Ostrich, Panther and I somehow squeezed in to just to get a stupid Polaroid picture made. There was a throwback to my old college days with Jenna & Annie when Lulu & I stopped at Exodus for a drink and some dancing. And then there were the free drinks that came when one of the bouncers from Darwins recognized me from earlier and bought beer for Lulu and me.

There was the frank girl bonding that every girl experiences when she and her buddy go to the bathroom together and decide to be best friends. There were friends who were mad at us for not following the route exactly and skipping a bar. There were probably way too many photographs that better never surface. And there were the angry text messages from someone who entirely misconstrued a situation and is now not talking to me.

So, all in all - it was quite the eventful night. I'm not hungover, surprisingly, and even though I only got about 3 hours of sleep - I made it in to work early.

I do have this nice reminder of the evening on my hand, though. (Geez, how college is THIS!?)

The one thing that was missing from the evening was Wiley - we missed you, buddy!

Looking back, all I can say is that I should have known better. Pub Run + Alcohol + Red Dress. Not necessarily a good formula. Last year, I only went on one pub run. I was a good girl. Only mid summer did I start to be a regular at these events. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I somewhat 180'ed on my social scene. While it's been so much fun, I'm thinking that I need to settle back down.

I'm spending the rest of 2006 with Phil. At home. Where I very much belong.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found out that my coworker also loves Cafe Brazil. I am sorry that I missed out on the red dress fun. Jordan and I enjoyed the Trail of Lights though.

Anonymous said...

Erin, it was great seeing you out last night. I was having withdrawls after we spent all that quality time together in big d.

Mike said...

That's very generous of you to give Phil "the rest of 2006" starting on December 22nd.

Lulu said...

Thursday night was full of fun and drunken debauchery, special gifts for some friends and total nastiness from others.

A night not to be forgotten.

And I got a new best friend ;) I hope there are many more nights like this (but maybe not exactly) for years to come girl!!!!!!