Monday, December 18, 2006

Random Thoughts...

I have some totally unrelated, random thoughts to share:

1) I went swimming yesterday for the first time in weeks. I LOVED it! It felt amazing to be back in the water and I'm really looking forward to taking classes again. When I swim, sometimes I get songs stuck in my head- yesterday, it was Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. I felt it was an ironic song being that I was in water.

2) I ran this morning (thanks Joey & Holly for joining me) and felt GREAT! I did a fast 5 mile tempo run and loved it. I really enjoy running in the dark - I wish it was safe to run alone and I didn't have to rely on people meeting me. Then I would run even earlier.

3) I LOVE PANERA. I ate a Panera bagel for breakfast. I had Panera for lunch. And, I had Panera for dinner. I'm not kidding. This may be even more crazy than my obsession for Cafe Brazil, and it doesn't help that I can almost see the restaurant from the front of my house. Ostrich texted me at 1:00 trying to make me jealous that he was at Panera. Little did he know, I had a day full of Panera. No jealousy this time.

4) I have a new workout schedule. I'm supposed to run and bike a lot. And I do mean a lot. My new schedule looks like this:
Monday: am - run (5-10 miles); pm - gym
Tuesday: am - swim (or OFF day)
Wednesday: pm - Quality Run
Thursday am - swim; pm - ride
Friday am: run (5-10 miles); pm - gym
Saturday: am - brick (run ~4 miles, bike ~ 30 miles)
Sunday: am - long ride, pm - swim

And this is just my pre base-building training!! So, do I have any takers?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would also like to thank Joey, (and rachel, steve and ruth)

Try the bear claw. It's delish.
I have one gripe about Panera. They're supposed to be a bread store (Panera is a play on spanish word for Bread Store). and they weren't open at 6am on Sunday when I went by to buy some potluck goodness.
What gives? Bread makers should be open for the very freshest stuff as early as 4:30am. That's what the real bakeries in France do. That's the best.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting on Mike to get me a bear claw.

That workout schedule is more than I'm doing. I feel lazy now. That's a whole lot for pre-base training!

Laura said...

Crazy woman!

Anonymous said...

Erin,
What are you training for? Another 1/2 Iron? You should come to Florida with us (FOMO).

Lulu said...

Speaking of swimming.... after the new year, we are on!!!

Panther said...

Yeah, who wrote this up for you? Tell him or her to shove it. This schedule sucks.

--Panther