Monday, December 18, 2006

My First Presidential Award

Last Thursday, I attended the BOMA holiday luncheon. BOMA (Building Owners & Managers Association) is the premier association for commercial property owners and managers. I have been a member for three years now, through work.

It is often said that in life, you only get out of it what you put in. That was true of BOMA too, and since joining I have served on committees, chaired committees, and even won the membership drive. I took that philosophy to heart, and I've not only received lots of business from this organization, I've made a ton of new friends.

So... at holiday lunch, in front of 250+ people, the outgoing president gave out the 2006 Presidential Award for Outstanding Service... and I won!! I am not trying to brag, but I truly did a lot for this organization this year, including chairing a community services committee, serving on a disaster preparedness committee, recruiting new members, talking to the press at events, etc... I worked really hard in this association, and I am so pleased to be recognized.

Also, for the record, I watched someone else receive this award last year - and at that moment, I said, "I am going to win that next year. Just watch." I really meant it when I said that, which makes receiving the award all that more important to me.

So, as far as my work associations go, I fared pretty well in 2006. I was outstanding member for both BOMA and AAFAME. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me in 2007!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a Rock Star!

I can't wait to see what you accomplish in '07.

Anonymous said...

way to brag!
i love bragging when it's well deserved.

now storm into your bosses office and ask about your Xmas bonus, and the raise you're getting. Tell him it ain't enough and you want more.
Just try it, see what he says!

if he says no, tell him you were just kidding!