Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Bag Lady with Sore Wrists

Today, I am a bag lady with sore wrists.

First, my right wrist hurts. I think it's from riding in my aerobars so much yesterday - I haven't quite figured out correct positioning. (Further proof is the blister on the side of my hand.) So, incorrect positioning, coupled with doing lots of pulling with paddles during swimming, has made it painful to move my right hand.

This morning, trying to balance my coffee (in my right hand of course. I'm brilliant, I tell you) with 5 bags strapped on my shoulders, from the kitchen to the car was interesting. Which brings me to my next description - I am a bag lady! This morning, I counted 8 bags in my car:
  • Duffel Bag for tonight's run + change of clothes
  • Gym Bag
  • Laptop Case #1
  • Laptop Case #2
  • Rogue Bag from duathlon program with bike gear
  • Mesh Bag with swim gear
  • Purse
  • Bag of Snacks/food for the day. (Today, it is yogurt, fruit, and a sliced yellow bell pepper. in ziploc bag.)

I often joke that I could live out of my car. Hell, I should be able to with all of this stuff!!

3 comments:

MW said...

Duffel bag for tonight's run...
Are you telling me you're going to run with a duffel bag on your shoulder?
Why does Panther have you do that?
Are there shot puts in the bag?

Missychel said...

gosh....sometimes I think we were separated at birth.

md said...

there's nothing wrong with living in your car.