Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday Pictures, Take One

This morning I woke up at 4:30am to head out to Liberty Hill and volunteer for the Armadillo Classic. I was a horrible volunteer, but I did score a free entry into the ride. I had planned on riding 50-60 miles, but of course got talked in to doing the 78 miles route instead. This was the longest distance I have done on my bike, and it was a blast. Here are some members of Camp Punishment before the ride. Here is Kris, Lulu, me and Triscuit. This is at the third rest stop, I think, and we were pretty darn happy. I had just chowed down on some peanut butter grahm crackers. Delicious!
At the 42 mile rest stop, all that was left was Kris, Lulu, me, Tim, Justin & Panther. Here are the guys. Notice the amount of space between them.
Here is the remaining group at mile 71. I think we all look pretty good considering all of us but Panther were ready to never look at our bikes again. This was after some intense hills. (One of which I fell down on. For some reason, my legs decided they didn't want to move anymore and down I went.)
Lulu & I decided to keep going once we finished so that we would make 80 miles (versus 78). Here is us at the end. Don't feel too bad, we had just chowed down on peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. And luckily Panther had given us a reprieve from running 2 miles after the ride.
I had a great time today. It was rough, but not unmanageable. The company was great, especially my S.L.O.W. girls. I did quite a bit of the ride in my aerobars, which showed some serious progress on my part. Songs were song, new nicknames were created, and a new mileage distance was set. Great morning!

6 comments:

Mike said...

Maybe I should wear a helmet.

Unknown said...

Way to go!!!

I'm kinda jealous;)

Unknown said...

I amsooo sad that I was not able to ride:( I did have fun at the start/finish though.

Lulu said...

Great ride Shorty! Sorry I didn't "take it easy" the whole time like we planned. But I am glad you are as sick and twisted as I am so we were able to get that last 1.3 miles in!

Panther said...

Why do I look like a douchebag in every single picture?

Jane said...

Ya'll rock. I cut it short at 42 miles and almost passed out on my less than 5 min run after.

Someday I'm gonna rock it like you!