Sunday, May 20, 2007

Week 19 Workouts

Total Run: 22 miles / 3.5 times
Total Bike: 85 miles / 4.5 times
Total Swim: 4 miles / 3 times
Total Gym Workouts: 2 times

Met my mileage goals again, though I wish I had ridden my bike a bit more. My wrists and now my knee are really hurting from the bike, so I'm going to take it in to get refit. My biggest accomplishment was feeling comfortable in my aerobars - now I'm not sure why I was scared of them. :)

I managed 3 brick workouts this week, even though today's brick was only a .5 mile run. (Hence the 3.5 times running.) My Saturday brick was awesome - I ended up doing a 2/16/3/10 workout (run 2, bike 16, run 3, bike 10) thanks to suckering Diana into riding with me after our official workout was over. The best part of that workout was second 8 mile loop of the 16 miles - we were supposed to go near race pace, and I managed to keep Glenda in site the whole time. I only finished about 30 seconds behind her, which was quite an accomplishment for me.

I'm very excited that the upcoming week is a recovery week, meaning I only have to do 2/3 of the usual mileage. (15 miles running, 60 miles biking) I'll be in Houston Tuesday -Wednesday and San Antonio on Thursday, so I'm about to figure out how to fit everything in. I also have the first ride of the bike study on Friday morning.

Good week! Now on to recovery!

2 comments:

MW said...

You're taking your knee and wrist in for a refit? Cool! Take pictures!!

Erin said...

You're going to do it on your webcam at home and let the ladies watch?

Ha. Ha. Hahahahaha...