Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Day Off

I am apparently not a very good communicator. When I told people that today would be my off day, they assumed I meant I didn't have to go to work today. They didn't think like Erin, as Kenny said, and realize that I meant I had a day off from working out.

To make sure I didn't cheat and go to the gym, I booked my day solid. Slept in a bit (thankfully, since happy hour lasted until after 11:00pm last night) and met Amy at Galaxy Cafe for breakfast. Worked until 11:00, when I left to attend an association luncheon. Had a meeting at 1:30, then made a special trip to Tim's apartment to see how he was doing. Made it to Panera at 4:30 to pick up food for 25 people, set up dinner for a training class, had a quick happy hour at 6:00, back to the class to pick up remnants, then dinner with Phil. Busy day!

Tim Update:
I saw Tim today!!! It was so good to see him, and he was walking around and seemed in good spirits. He's not blogging much because he is still depressed about the scenario, but I see progress. He is learning how to swim from Holly, and I think this will be a really good thing for him.

While in Tim & Kenny's apartment, I saw 2 birds. Yes, 2 birds - both emerging from their closet. One of them took a swan dive into the fresh bowl of popcorn Kenny had just popped. Very strange.


So, it's 9:30pm and I made it without working out. Not as hard as I thought it would be. In fact, I can see how easy it would be to get of the habit. Which is precisely why I will be up tomorrow morning at 5:00am to go to swimming.

4 comments:

KP said...

In the classic struggle of wild birds that crawl through dryer vents when they smell hot butter -vs- my fresh hot bowl of popcorn, the results are startling:

Bird Survival Rate = 66%
Popcorn Survival Rate = 0%

Welcome to our trailer, Erin - you come back now, hear?!

Unknown said...

You've motivated me to take today off;) ooops, I took Monday off too! oh, well.

Steph said...

Wow, I can't believe you actually made it through the whole day without working out.

MW said...

i took wednesday off.
I have no problems being a lazy fart on my couch.