Sunday, May 27, 2007

the life of a single chick...

After a pretty busy week, I wanted to spend Friday night doing nothing but be alone and do the week's crossword puzzles. I felt somewhat bad as I hadn't seen Phil for more than 30 minutes since Monday, but I still just wanted some alone time.

Alone time I got - Phil decided to head to Cozumel until Wednesday evening. He got the opportunity to join some friends on a dive trip, so he left early yesterday morning. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I get the house to myself, and he gets a much needed vacation.

Yesterday morning I figured I would sleep in since I didn't get much rest Thursday night. Of course, that lasted for all of 10 minutes before I packed my bike to go ride & run with my group. I'm glad I did, otherwise I would have felt guilty and angry for the rest of the day. I spent the rest of the day going to breakfast, swimming, hanging out with Maggie, Katie & Glenda, celebrating Wiley's birthday, playing with the dogs and finishing up the crossword puzzles. It was very relaxing- just what I needed.

I was going to run the Run for the Rovers 5K this morning, but woke up feeling less than stellar and decided to bag it. Instead, after some much needed motivation from Maggie, I went to Town Lake and ran the 4 mile loop to get the rest of my mileage in for the week. Turned out to be a great run (usually is!) and I was very glad I did it. When I came home, Olive & Violet gave me such a jealous/pleading look that I decided to take them for a long walk. Ironically, being that I skipped the dog 5K this morning, I ended up running the neighborhood with them. This was quite possibly one of the most interesting runs I've ever done, trying to get two puppies to run close to me, not run into the street, not stop and smell the smells, and not chase other dogs. My arms are more tired than my legs.

So now I'm just back home, relaxing, enjoying not having to be anywhere. I think I wore the dogs out, for they are both sound asleep near my feet. I think I'll follow their lead soon and take a nap too. I miss Phil, but I'm liking the single thing this weekend.

1 comment:

md said...

glad I could motivate you to run. Although, I didn't feel like I was much help. I was taking advantage of a rainy morning to sleep in and was barely awake when I said "go run Erin!".
Glad I helped you get your miles in!