Friday, May 18, 2007

Getting Fit!!! Hell yeah!!!!

For the record, my hard work is paying off. Today I have the proof. I did my third VO2Max testing at UT, and here are the results:

Date: 11/10/06
Weight: 137.31
Max HR: 164
VO2: 39

Date: 2/9/07
Weight: 137.11
Max HR: not taken
VO2: 43

Date: 5/18/07
Weight: 135.55
Max HR: 162
VO2: 45.9

I have gone up 7 points!!!!!!! In fact, I was told I could probably have done even better had my legs not been fried from the Mesa Hill bike repeats yesterday. Regardless, I'm so excited. It's so great to see that my efforts are paying off.

Also, because I've been doing these studies, I've been getting to see a lot about how my body works. Crazy stuff, like how it utilizes protein, what my glucose levels are, etc... I saw the results of my muscle biopsies today and they were very interesting, at least the parts I understood. I love being a part-time lab rat! And to think I get paid to do this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Amber!

Lulu said...

You kick ass girl!

md said...

BADASS!