Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thoughts from Houston (5/3/07)

Some thoughts from Houston:

1) I ran around Rice Village & Rice U this morning. I, like most of my friends, have been feeling really unmotivated this week - so I was proud that I went and ran. That being said, I had a cinnamon scone and a chocolate croissant for breakfast, and that did not make for a good run. I almost got sick about 6 times, so my run turned into more of a speed-walking exercise than anything.

2) Speaking of breakfast, some guy was trying to bill breakfast to a non-existent room that his "girlfriend" was staying in. He was arguing with the front desk clerk, and eventually they told him: this room didn't exist, stop trying to make stuff up, pay for your breakfast with cash. How lame! Besides, if you are going to scam breakfast, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT scam it from the Sheraton Four Points. It sucks. Really. Even the La Quinta breakfast is better.

3) Damn Wiley. Damn him and his stupid "Pasito Tun Tun." Thanks to his cd with 6 different versions, I have had that song stuck in my head for the past day. It made my horrible run this morning ten times more horrible- I can't make it go away. UGH!

4) I went to a fabulous dinner last night with some very well-to-do Houstonians. I am very thankful that my mother taught me good table manners. So, I was a little taken aback when as soon as I sat down, one of the hosts almost spewed bread at me as she talked and put her menu on top of my place setting. I couldn't get to anything because her stuff was on top of mine. Regardless, these people were great, the food was great, desert was great - I had a great time. Also, I love meat-oriented places, because they have the best vegetable plates. Ironic, but true.

5) So, I'm here working at 2 different trade shows/exhibitions. Best pickup line I've received all year: "You know what I like about you, baby?" "Oh? What?" "We are both in the same industry." Ohhhhhh.... very hot!

So... more later... I'm about to spend the next 8 hours hawking restoration... yippee. :)

PS - Happy Birthday, Glenda!

5 comments:

MW said...

your point about meat places... does this mean you'll go with me to the new Churrascaria that's opened in the ATX?

Lulu said...

Come back soon - I need my Amber-Lulu workout fix!

MW said...

you home yet?

Missychel said...

are you working out after work? Are you home yet? and did you hit the D. Factory?:)

Erin said...

Yes, I'm home. I'm going to the gym soon. I will go to Churrascaria with you, Wiley, though we need to go back to Trulucks first. No D. Gallery this time! (But I did partake in a chocolate fountain.)