Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Art Purchases = Success!

It was a little nerve wracking this weekend buying art without Phil there. But, I bought what I liked anyway, and I walked away with 6 new paintings...

I really love each piece that I bought. And luckily for me, Phil loves them too! As soon as we walked in the door, he wanted to see the new stuff... and he agreed that all of it was awesome. Score!! It's one thing to buy something I know that I love, but having Phil agree made it that much better.

The artists I bought from this year were: Diane Culhane, Jill Mayberg & Amanda Blake. I already had a piece from Amanda, and 2 from Jill, but Diane was a new find this year. Phil really loved the paintings I got from her.

I really liked Diane, and I offered her our house to stay in if she comes back next year. For me, it's not only about loving the piece of art, but loving the artist too.

Wiley took 2 pictures of pieces that I really liked, but didn't get. The girl in the boat is a Jill Mayberg, and the houses are by Diane.

Now comes one of the best parts of buying art - finding places for our new pieces to live.

1 comment:

Slingshot said...

Phil said you bought some art with a bunny in it! I want to see ;)