Sunday, April 22, 2007

Week 15 Workouts

Total Run: 20 miles / 3 times (Goal = 20 miles)
Total Bike: 92 miles / 3 times (Goal = 80 miles)
Total Swim: 4000 meters / 2 times (Goal = 2 times)
Total Gym: 2 times

Yeah, that's right. I hit my goals spot on!

Thanks to the magic of rest and a massage, I was back to normal by Tuesday. I had a really great week of workouts, with some of the following highlights:

On Tuesday night, Leslie & I braved the rain and did "Panther's Ladder" at Austin High for a total of 7 miles. The workout consisted of various distances at 5K pace, starting at 400m all the way up to 1200m and back down. I was really glad that I was able to keep up with her, because I think of Leslie as being pretty close to me ability, yet still faster.

Wednesday, Lulu & I had an easy ride at the Veloway for a total of 18 miles. I also met Leslie there and she did great on her bike.

Thursday, Lulu & I did a nice brick of 360 & Rollingwood; even though I was tired, it was a great workout. 22 mile bike, 2.5 mile run.

Saturday, I ran 10 miles with Stephanie & Leslie, and I felt great. I never once felt tired and I was surprised at how easy the run was, especially because I haven't run that long in months. Later, Glenda, Amy & I went to Deep Eddy to swim. I swam 1 mile right off the bat, and felt like I could have kept going forever. I ended up at a little less than 1.5 miles.

Sunday, I did the Manville Anville 50 mile bike ride with Team Affliction. The ride was awesome, and I felt very strong. We did a lot of pace lines, and then had a stretch where we split up and hit a hard race pace. I was all alone for quite a while until Kris & Deon caught me and we waited for the rest of the group to catch up. It was fun to hang out with Laura's husband Kris - he was exactly my pace and helped keep me going strong. I opted to skip the post-ride margaritas at Nuevo Leon - take that Tim! (Granted, I did indulge in a huge breakfast there - I earned it!)

I won't be able to work out as much this week since I'm traveling for work, then heading to Las Vegas Friday evening. So, it's pretty much an easy week. We'll see how it goes...

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Damn, girl- you are my inspiration!!! Keep it up- you rock!!

Have SOOO much fun in Vegas- I am super duper jealous :)

meredith said...

Great Training week! Why didn't you pop your head inside the Annex and say hi...I saw Stephanie and Leslie.

Unknown said...

wow, that's a lot of working out. I've been doing sets of beer & tequila repeats for the last 7 days. I'm proud to report that I hit every workout!

Unknown said...

Gordon- you've earned your work-out and should keep it up for a few more weeks before you take a "rest" week!

Erin- you did a great job too!!

Amanda said...

Erin, you are becoming my idol on the workout front... awesome job these past few weeks!

You deserve a weekend of debauchery in Vegas... enjoy!