Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday at the Veloway

Leslie rode her first loop around the Veloway tonight, and she did awesome. She's riding my old pink bike, and I asked her to meet me so I could ride with her in an attempt to build her confidence before her first Iron Chicks workout tomorrow. I think she is still nervous, but she caught on really quick and I was impressed that she made it around 3 times!

I'm very happy for her - she's going to be flying before we know it.

It was also so much fun to ride with Lulu. I think we are going to make a weekly riding date on Wednesdays - it seems to be the only time I get to really see her. She helped me out during one of our laps (thank you! :)), we compared stories about how dorky we are, and we tried to outride some dude on his mountain bike (thus causing me almost to ride off the road on the steep uphill part.) Very fun!

Tonight I realized how many girlfriends I have. As I told Lulu this afternoon, I'm used to being friends with a lot of guys. But I'm pleasantly surprised at the fact that I think the scales have tipped. I think it's a sign of maturity when I no longer feel competitive with other women, and instead support them and want to befriend them.

(Don't worry, Tim, no female could ever replace you!)

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I had a great time tonight and I am glad you decided that you don't hate me.

Looking forward to many Wednesday nights to come!!!

Missychel said...

I totally should have gone riding with you guys......next time fo'sho!!