Monday, April 23, 2007

A good break!

When I set my alarm last night -I wasn't thrilled about having to wake up at 5:00am and drive to Houston for a meeting. But the time in the car, listening to trashy radio, and basically mentally vegging out, was really nice. When I returned to my Austin office, I was treated to piles of work on my desk and over 300 emails.

I managed to get all the necessary stuff done (including preparing for a class in San Antonio tomorrow morning) in time to go to the gym at 4:00. I must say, I love the gym. I love seeing the same people there. I love not having to think about what I'm doing, but instead just doing a mindless routine. I love the feeling of doing something good for my body, versus eating whatever snacks are lying around my office.

After the gym, I made some work phone calls and headed to the Veloway to meet Kris & Glenda. We had such a great ride - we took it pretty easy (if you can call riding with Glenda and Kris easy), averaged about 17mph, rode 20 miles, and talked the whole time. I made it a point not to answer my phone the 2 times it rang. Instead, I just enjoyed being out there, with great friends. Unfortunately, when I checked my voicemail, both owners of my company had called me telling me they needed a proposal done by 8:30am in the morning. "Erin, just get there early tomorrow and knock it out." I they didn't realize I'm leaving the office by 6:30 to make it to San Antonio. Ugh, some advance notice would have been nice, though that's not really the way it works in my industry.

So, I ended up working the rest of the night, and will still get to work really early tomorrow morning. I'm not too upset, though - I had some great breaks today.

*I made Glenda & Kris pose with me to test out my brand new digital camera!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Oh no, you had to work! Ugh, I know that feeling. I hope you got it all done. Thanks again to you and Glenda for the ride tonight, so much fun (and I love the picture!).

Slingshot said...

Great picture!

MW said...

Don't collect $500 when you pass go, either.

md said...

you sure are working hard lately, and still getting your workouts in...impressive!
cute picture!!
miss you.

Missychel said...

i miss you!! I wish I was in that picture with you guys after a great ride. Hopefully we will see eachother soon for a workout or breakfast:)

JohnF said...

I have to agree, it is impressive to spend so much time at work and still get all those workouts in.