Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hi from Houston

I arrived to Houston a bit early, so I stopped in at Panera to get a choco-nut bagel and check my email. (Buzz -I am only eating half of this bagel now... Ha!)

I'm about to go teach a continuing education class on "Business & Consumer Ethics." I haven't prepared at all. I did download some youtube clips, but I didn't bring speakers so they are pointless. (I had "Coffee is for Closers," "You Can't Handle the Truth" and a montage of pranks from "The Office.")

Why is it that I don't seem to prepare for anything anymore? Seriously, I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants lately. I must not be doing too bad a job of it, or at least no one has called me out yet. To my face, at least. Kris & Glenda seem to think that I'm just getting more experienced in business, knowing what I can and can't get away with. Panther thinks this is the proper way to do things, as long as I have handouts. Shoot, no handouts today. Either way, I'm just trying to make it through this week so I can have some office (catch-up) time next week.

I am glad to say that I'm still managing to get some good workouts in this week. On Monday, I went to the gym & rode 20 miles. Yesterday, I did my quality run workout for a total of 6 miles. Today I plan on riding or running, and perhaps getting to the gym when I get back in town. Tomorrow I swim, and Friday I am doing a long run with Michelle at 5:15am. Not bad for being so busy, right? Honestly, these workouts are what I look forward to more than anything. They are my chance to unwind and see friends. And feel good about myself in light of the bagel I just ate. :)

Alright, I should head back onto the dreary, traffic-filled roads of Houston to get to my class. Go Ethics!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Erin, I am glad to see that you are at Panera. I have found a new restaurant that I would like to eat at every single day: El Chilito.

You'll have to check it out!

md said...

see you in a little bit!!
yeah!!! ;-)

meredith said...

a choco...what?? Was that breakfast or dessert. Have a safe drive back :)

MW said...

I wing almost everything work related.
I'm REAL good at it!

shhh... don't tell my boss.