Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm So Glad It Rained!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (!!!!!) glad that I woke up to a cold, overcast morning. I was supposed to go camping in Kerrville for the Hill Country Easter Rides, but I ended up staying home. I missed hanging out with Maggie, Joey & Rachel, as well as some beautiful riding on Friday; but I think it worked out well seeing what the weather did.

Which brings me to my awesome workout this morning. Had the weather been okay, we were going to do 2 bike loops of the Mopac/SW Parkway/71/ Bee Caves loop, then run 3 miles. But to be honest, I was more excited about the alternate plan Kris & I came up with for a gym brick. Per Kris's email:

1) Meet at Lifetime at 8 a.m., get our stuff into lockers, etc.
2) Head up to the spin studio by 8:15, start riding, that should get us close to 10 miles before class starts (assuming Panther's calcs. are correct)
3) Do 8:45 spin class
4) Keep spinning 'til the next class starts at 10
5) Do 10:00 spin class (we should be at 50 miles by the time we finish)
6) Get on the treadmills for 3 miles
7) If we're still standing, swim (gameday decision here, obviously!)


So... we did EXACTLY this, and it was an amazing workout. 50 mile bike (2 hard spin classes, plus extra), 3 mile run, 500 meter swim. About 3.5 hours when all is said & done. And I'm actually not even tired... I think it was the perfect workout. And since we were riding and running in place, I was able to keep up with Kris. :)

Once again, I must say that Lifetime Fitness is amazing. During spinning, we watched videos of the Tour de France on large screens. How motivating to "ride with" the world's top cyclists.

So now I am enjoying the rainy day.. spending time with Phil before he heads off to Boston later this week... and watching the US Open Cycling Championships.

Perfect rainy day!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Awesome workout, Erin, so much fun! Thanks for coming out this morning (and thanks for making me get in the pool)! :)

MW said...

Masters is on CBS.