Thursday, April 12, 2007

"Do you ever work out?"

Can you believe it... someone actually asked me, "Do you ever work out?"

Granted, he's only met me 3 times. All three times, he was either in the middle of his workout or had just finished, and I was looking spiff and clean in my work clothes. But, still... what a question!

I have a better question - "Do you ever NOT work out?"

Well, uh, hmmm. No. I mean, I try not to! Really, I try! But, lately it just doesn't work that way.

Did anyone hear me say that the period from Tuesday morning post swim to Wednesday evening was going to be my off time? Really? Well, that lasted until Tuesday night when I got the brilliant idea to do my quality run workout on Wednesday morning.

And, as if that wasn't enough - I convinced Lulu to do the quality bike ride with me that afternoon. As of 5:00pm - I had 5.5 miles running and 20 miles biking under my belt. Hard quality miles, mind you. So then what do I do? I call Stephanie to see if she wants to go to J&A's core class with me. Yes, you read that right. Two hard workouts were not enough. I had to do another one.

Let me just say that it was really pointless for me to go to Core. I mainly laid on my mat exhausted, and embarrassed that I couldn't raise my legs up 6" for more than 10 seconds at a time. When we did 300 mountain climbers, I probably completed 1/3. The rest of the time I stood back and watched everyone else and felt really lame for stopping.

The point is that even though I meant to take it easy for 36 hours - I ended up doing 3 hard workouts. I think it's official, people. I am nutso.

Well, it's okay, I think... Thursday is really going to be my off day. I mean, I have to go to San Antonio, and I have a very early morning meeting. So, no swim class. No bike workout. Just rest.

Wait, no San Antonio? Really, I can stay in the office, get a ton of work done, and be able to do a long ride after work?

What can I say. No, I don't ever work out.

Well, maybe a little.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep it is offical, you are nuts. I knew you wouldn't last 26 hours. You can't even last 12 hours without working out. But hey I love ya anyway.

Steph

MW said...

Looks like it's all working out just fine!

Panther said...

You are so totally nutso. And not only that, but why the hell does it take you so long to get ready? I mean, really. You're like a mongoose or something. I have a better question: when are you NOT working out? That really is a better question.

Shorey said...

Ok, so Thursday was going to be your off day? Didn't I see you kicking ass on South MoPac last night?? So, really, when DO you rest? You must not really need any downtime, cause you're looking really strong at all the workouts.

md said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your workouts.
I must say you do inspire me.
great job Dirty.