Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Thought for a Tuesday

My first conscious thought this morning was: "Why does it take me so damn long to get ready?!" I wanted to be at swim class at 5:30. It takes me 15 minutes to drive there, so I figured I would need about 5 minutes to get up, put in contacts, put on swimsuit, grab packed bag and car keys, and head out the door. But no, it took me almost 20 minutes. I have no idea what I did for 20 minutes. But as I looked at the clock that read 5:20, I was somewhat dumbfounded.

After practice, I took a shower at Courtyard. I was by far the last one out of the shower, and I didn't even shave this morning. Who are these super people who can shower in mere minutes. And why does it take me three times as long? Honestly, there was no way I could have cut it shorter this morning.

I managed to arrive home around 7:15am to put on work clothes, grab breakfast, and head out. This took me 50 minutes. I don't get it.

What is wrong with me?

6 comments:

Kris said...

You're a girl. We take forever. That's just how we roll.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with you! If I run in the morning I know I have to be back home by 8:30 at the latest to get to work by 10! And that is just to shower & eat breakfast. I guess time chatting with Suellen, playing with the bunny, checking mail, etc. adds up :)

md said...

you could always skip the soap. that will shave a good 5 minutes off your shower time, just ask Joey. ;-)

can't wait to spend some time with you this weekend!!

MW said...

How many times did you go back to play with your doggies? (that's my downfall)

Don't worry about taking longer in the shower. Just means that you actually shower, and others just wet themselves and don't use soap-n-stuff.

And your hair, i bet it took a good 8 mins to get your hair to a likable fashion for the day. (that's not my downfall)

My downfall is sitting on the puter instead of getting ready.

Missychel said...

being a goddess takes time but i swear there is some sort of weird black hole/time warp thing going on in my bathroom too.

Sorry I missed the workout this morning. I could not get out of bed.

holly said...

Their is a time warp in shower at the court yard. When I swam there it take me forever to get ready.

I would swim at the evening Masters practice. 7-8:30. I'd bring my pj's and put them ofter I swam. Some nights I wouldn't home from swimming until after 9:30.