Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Erin's Off Day = Quality Run Workout. Doh.

My "off day" started out well & good. I had already cancelled a scheduled 6:00am swim at Stacy Pool with Julie and instead made breakfast plans with Glenda and Michelle. When I woke up with 20 minutes until our meeting time, I was reassured that I made the right decision to take the day off. Obviously, I was tired. (By the way, breakfast was far more enjoyable than swimming. Duh.)

But, once in the office, it only took two emails to convince me to do my run workout tonight instead of tomorrow. Boy am I sucker.

But I'm glad I did. We did 3 sets of 1-2-3's. 100m on, 100m off; 200m on, 200m off; 300m on, 300m off; repeat three times. This was a relatively easy workout, since the distances were short. (That was the goal, since I raced on Sunday.) After doing the directed 2 sets, Lulu convinced me to do one more and I kept up with her for the first two parts. She dusted me during the last hard 300, but I didn't really care - I was surprised she hadn't left me sooner.

For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to run alongside Lulu, Triscuit (& Karma) and Panther on the way back to Runtex. Their easy pace was my "crap, i'm getting side-stiches on both sides and i can't talk!" pace. But hell, I still kept up with them, even if it was just a 1.5 mile cooldown.

I must thank Lulu for getting me to do the third set. She said, "C'mon. Do you want to get faster or what?" Being that she is my workout twin, albeit the much faster and more talented twin, she knew exactly what to say to get me to do more. Thanks, Lulu!

The Mike Cheer Squad was a nice treat as I made my way around the track. And of course the post-workout parking lot happy hour was fun. No big rants or upsets, probably because we all left by 8:00.

Even though I probably could have rested, I'm really glad I went tonight. I actually felt amazingly good, and I loved hanging out with the group. Tomorrow morning though....seriously, I'm sleeping in!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I was totally trying to keep up with you on the way back to Runtex - you are getting so much faster!!! i am glad you did the last set with me - I needed the motivation too. I am so glad we are working out together again!!

Unknown said...

i , on the other hand, was a complete slug. I did take my dogs out for a 3 mile jog. They have been restless and how could I say no to them when they get all excited to see my i-pod?

Quality run tonight though....for sure. I hope it doesn't rain. I had enough of that on Sat.