Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fighting FOMO

Rather than attend the Camp Punishment happy hour tonight, I'm checking emails, updating my blog, and going to bed early. All of this waking up early and driving to different cities is tiring. If I'm going to get up early to swim tomorrow, and run again on Friday, I'm taking a rest.

My presentation today was awesome. I got top scores on my course evaluation, with some people saying it was the best course they had seen. I really enjoyed teaching & presenting, which was surprising to me. Seems that winging it worked this time!

Since I had already racked up 33 hours this week at work, I decided to call it an early day and headed to Barton Springs with Maggie. It was so nice to be in the sun, relax, hang out, and enjoy a tiny stretch of down time. (I didn't even consider doing laps!) We were fortunate enough to get a visit from Ostrich, who was *shocker* hanging out at the Springs.

Next we headed to the Veloway to meet Glenda. There, Glenda & I rode 21 miles and averaged 18 miles per hour. I love how my "easy rides" with Glenda are actually pretty tough... perhaps I will start tricking myself that a hard pace is actually easy. There were tons of people out, which means triathlon season has officially started.

By the way, it is sad that I didn't even feel like I worked out once we were done. As if an hour of hard riding isn't enough. After the ride, we had dinner at WanFu2 - yum yum yum. And then I came home. And resisted heading back out. Good for me.

All in all, this day turned out pretty darn great!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect day to be outside. Darn 4pm class!

I dig the new camera.

Lulu said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

MW said...

some of us expected Amber to show up at Aussie's to share a delcetable peanut butter cinnamon banana sammy, but instead, they sat alone and stared at the menu for something different for 20 mins.
THEN, my stupid order didn't get delivered until well over an hour after i ordered. And it sucked.
I bet everything would have gone smoothly had you been there.
;)

Missychel said...

ooohhh! I need to hit the spring.