Thursday, April 05, 2007

Freaked out for Nothing...

I thought I might be in trouble today when I woke up and could hardly swing my legs over the bed. I went to Adam's core class last night, and even though it was really short - what we did do was pretty damn hard.

Plank Pose- 4 minutes
Leg Lifts 6" & Scissor Kicks - 500!!
Pushups - 15 sets from 1 to 15 (normal grip, wide grip, triangle grip)
Plank Pose - ? minutes

Short, but painful. I can't believe we did 500 scissor kicks. Well, I did about 300 probably since I rested a lot. But needless to say, my hip flexors are so sore. After class, I met up with Camp Punishment for happy hour. I was a good girl and went home early so I could get some sleep.

This morning, I went to swimming and had a great workout. We alternated kicking and pulling and it was relatively easy. I was nervous about the hard kicking knowing that I had Mesa hill repeats on the bike tonight, but I figured I might as well give it my all since I was there.

Throughout the day, the thought of climbing Mesa really started freaking me out. I was cursing myself for doing core yesterday and not being able to swing my legs. Then I was nervous about even making the workout since there was so much traffic. Luckily, I took a back way and made it on time.

Fast forward to me standing atop of Mesa with the group. Half the group, all of who had done Mesa before, left and zipped down the hill. This left just a few of us getting instruction from Panther, and I really started freaking out. I was shaking and my palms were sweaty. I didn't think I'd be be able to make it up the hill without falling off my bike. Look at the graph below... see what I mean?
But, what do you know... I made it! Almost three times! (I only went 3/4 down the last time.) The hill actually wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, and if I do say so - I really enjoyed the workout. Well, I enjoyed it once I finally stopped being freaked out. In fact, I can't wait to go back!

BTW, I am not sure I could have done it without Laura & Kris supporting me... I was so thankful they were there. Every time I saw them I felt more reassured. And Kris, well - she is a machine. I think she could have repeated Mesa about ten times no problem. I can't wait to catch her!

Great workouts today - I'm very proud of myself.

8 comments:

Kris said...

Bring it, bee-yotch! (Just teasing! :) )

See? You got all worked up for nothing, and you did awesome, especially as hard as you've been working out lately. So next time, Mesa = Fun!

MW said...

Thursday night i sat with nausea and took a big nap in bed before i took karma on a little walk in the greenelt, then cam eback and went to bed again.
I have to figure out what at Aussies is kciking my butt.

Lulu said...

Mesa is fun - definitely seems worse going down than coming up.

Amber McDirty is a machine too!!!!

Missychel said...

i agree....thinking about it was far worse than the actual hill. I am sad that I was sooooo late. FRIGGIN MOPAC traffic!!! AARRRRGGG. I am glad you kicked that hills butt.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to join Camp Punishment and do Mesa repeats too! I'm getting a bad case of FOMO :)

MW said...

margarita repeats sounds good for 3pm today.

Laura said...

Where do I sign up?

Shorey said...

You looked awesome on the bike - you OWNED that hill, girl! Good news: Panther said we probably won't do that workout again. Yea!